Ultimate Vacation Planning Checklist
Once you've decided to join us at the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks for your summer vacation, it's time to start planning the trip details. Use this checklist to keep you on track:
- Find Lake of the Ozarks accommodations that meet your needs! Our waterfront resort at the Lake of the Ozarks features a variety of room options from single rooms to condo-like villas with multiple bedrooms. Book your reservations with us by calling 573-348-5073.
- Create a Budget. Many people spend months saving up for their summer vacation. You want to make sure you enjoy yourself without breaking the bank. Creating a budget will help you do just that. Be sure to include accommodations, transportation, food and activities.
- Plan Your Route and Book Transportation. Due to the Lake of the Ozarks' central location, it makes for the perfect road trip for many. However, some people prefer to fly. If needed, book your airline tickets and reserve a rental car. If you're driving, you'll want to plan your route. While technology is great and you can use a GPS, you'll still want to have a general idea of the route you want to take before you head out.
- Research Activities at Your Destination. Are you traveling with children? Are you going on a romantic getaway. Find some activities that everyone in your group will enjoy and see what you can fit into your budget. Check out our blog on top attractions at the Lake for some ideas. Make a list of what you plan on doing during your vacation. Look to see if any special events are happening during your stay as well. (You might even do that before setting a date so you can attend an event you're interested in, like Lake Race or Shootout.) Be sure to leave some downtime and room for some spontaneous decisions as well.
- Create a Packing List. Think about what the weather will be like at your destination. If you're coming to the Lake of the Ozarks during the summer months, you can expect it to be hot. Be sure to pack your swimsuit, but don't forget a light jacket, as it can get chilly out on the water at night. If you're driving, don't forget to pack water and snacks for the trip. Creating a list ahead of time will keep you from over packing and help ensure you don't forget anything important.
- Make a List of Things to Do Before You Go. Before leaving town, you'll want to call your bank and credit card company to let them know you'll be traveling so they don't shut off your cards for fraud. If you're driving, schedule an appointment to have your vehicle checked. If you have pets, you may need to hire a pet sitter. Call the post office to pause your mail delivery while you're away. Be sure to pay any bills that will be due while you're gone before you leave as well.
Our Lake of the Ozarks resort is the most family-friendly place to stay at the Lake! It's central location makes it easy to get to all the activities and attractions that you want to enjoy during your summer vacation at the Lake. What are you waiting for? Book your getaway to the Lake of the Ozarks today by calling Summerset Inn Resort at 573-348-5073. We've got all your accommodation needs covered!
Summerset Inn Resort & Villas
1165 Jeffries Road Osage Beach, MO 65065
-Keep up with local news, events and resort information by following us!!