|Photo From: Serious Eats|
Makes 12-14 Strips
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 lb Thick Cut Bacon
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cayenne pepper.
- Lay the bacon strips out on a wire rack over a foil lined baking sheet.
- Brush the slices of bacon with the maple syrup and then sprinkle on the brown sugar mixture.
- Place the entire baking sheet on the grill rack.
- Once the bacon starts to crisp up (about 15 min), flip them over and add more sugar mixture to the other side and cook until fully crisp.
Entree: Tex-Mex Burger with Cajun MayoSource: All Recipes
|Photo From: All Recipes|
- 1 1/3 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1/2 cup diced White Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 leaves Lettuce
- 4 slices Tomato
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo and 1 tsp of the Cajun seasoning.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, jalapeno, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Then divide into 4 balls and flatten into patties.
- Place the patties on the grill and cook for about 5 min on each side, or to your desired doneness.
- During the last 2 minutes, lay a slice of cheese over each burger so that it slightly melts.
- Spread the mayo on the buns, add the burgers and top with the lettuce and tomato for a completed Tex-Mex Burger!
|Photo From: Food and Wine|
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Finely Chopped Chives, plus a little extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream, plus extra for serving
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 4 large Baking Potatoes
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, 3/4 cup Chives, 1/2 cup sour cream, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Transfer the butter to a large sheet of plastic wrap and form into a log. Wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat your grill.
- Using a sharp knife, slice each potato crosswise at 1/3 inch intervals, cutting down, but not all the way through the potato.
- Cut the chive butter into thing slices and carefully tuck the butter in between the potato slices.
- Wrap each potato tightly in aluminum foil.
- Set the potatoes on the grill and cook until tender, about 45-50 minutes.
- Unwrap the potatoes, garnish with finely chopped chives and serve with sour cream.
|Photo From: Taste of Home|
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 medium Unpeeled Ripe Bananas
- 4 tsp Miniature Chocolate Chips
- 4 Tbsp Miniature Marshmallows
- Cut the banana lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. at both ends. Open the peel wider to form a pocket.
- Fill each banana pocket with 1 tsp chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp marshmallows.
- Crimp and shape 4 pieces of heavy-duty foil around the bananas, forming boats.
- Grill over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until marshmallows melt and are golden brown.
When you stay at the most family-friendly resort at the Lake of the Ozarks, you're sure to enjoy some food on the grill. Our resort offers a great area for gathering with family and friends, complete with BBQ grills and picnic tables! Summerset Inn Resort hopes you enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend, but be sure to take a moment to remember those who made our freedom to celebrate possible.
Summerset Inn Resort & Villas
1165 Jeffries Road Osage Beach, MO 65065
Keep up with local news, events and product information by Following us!!