When it comes to planning a vacation, you'll want to think about all the things you want to do while you're there. The first step should be to plan a budget. If all the things you want to do are free then you'll be in great shape, but those expensive amusement parks and shows can add up. Here are some other items you want to think about when planning for a vacation:
- Research the location to determine the best time to visit. While summer may seem like the best time to visit Lake of the Ozarks, the fall colors are gorgeous and it's less crowded!
- Be sure to request time off work for the dates you're planning to be on vacation. Remember to include days for travel depending on how far you live from the Lake of the Ozarks.
- Research accommodations and get them booked, but we've got that taken care of too! Summerset Inn Resort is one of the most family-friendly resorts at the Lake of the Ozarks.
- Schedule tours and excursions if needed and purchase any tickets you can in advance to save time once you've arrived.
- Arrange pet care for the time that you'll be away.
- Create a travel itinerary that includes an overview of your trip details, as well as a daily plan of attack so you can fit everything in. For ideas on things to do at Lake of the Ozarks, check out some of our previous blogs here: SummersetInn.Blogspot.com.
- Ask a friend or neighbor to get your mail for you while you're away.
- Call your bank to let them know you will be traveling and using your card in unfamiliar places so they don't put a hold on your account (unless you live close enough to Missouri that it wouldn't be an issue).
Packing for Vacation
When you're ready to start packing, be sure to check the weather at your destination so you know what types of things to bring. If you're coming to the Lake during the summer you can expect the weather to be plenty warm, but sometimes it can get chilly by the water at night. Here are some items you should definitely plan on bringing with you:
- Bug Spray
- Beach Towel
- Flip-Flops and Comfortable Walking Shoes
- Shorts and Tank Tops
- a Light Jacket, Hoodie or Cardigan
- Toiletries, including toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
- Hair and Make-Up Products
- Medication, any prescriptions and over the counter items such as Tylenol and Tums
- First Aid Kit
- Laptop, Camera and Phone, plus chargers for each
- Wallet, with Money and Drivers License
Preparing to Leave for Vacation
Before you head out the door and jump in the care, there are some last minute things you'll want to make sure you do. Here is a checklist so you (hopefully) don't forget anything:
- Confirm your Lake of the Ozarks accommodations reservation, as well as the check-in and check-out times.
- Withdraw a small amount of cash to have on hand for smaller purchases or places that don't accept cards.
- Set your work email up with an out of office automatic reply, if needed.
- Finish packing any last minute items, such as toiletries.
- Take out the trash to avoid coming home to a smelly house.
- Unplug small appliances so you can be worry-free on vacation. You can also adjust your thermostat (not off) so you're not using more electricity than you need to while you're gone.
- Turn off all lights, except maybe one or two to create the illusion that the house isn't sitting empty for a long period of time.
- Set your alarm if you have one and lock the doors.
Our Lake of the Ozarks waterfront resort is here to make your stay as relaxing or exciting as you'd like. From romantic one bedroom suites to five bedroom condo-style options, Summerset Inn Resort can accommodate any size group. Contact us today at 573-348-5073 to book your reservations!
Summerset Inn Resort & Villas
1165 Jeffries Road Osage Beach, MO 65065
Keep up with local news, events and product information by Following us!!