Pull-Apart Easter BlossomsSource: AllRecipes.com
|Photo From: AllRecipes.com|
- 6 cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1/2 cup Sugar 1
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 3/4 cups Milk
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 cup Seedless Raspberry Jam
- 1 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together 4 cups of flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter with the milk until he mixture is warmed to about 110°F.
- Gradually whisk about 1/3 of the butter mixture into the beaten eggs, then return the egg mixture back to the saucepan. Stir in the lemon zest. (Set aside the lemon juice.)
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, turning the dough around to cover the surface lightly with oil.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half, rolling each half into a round ball.
- On a floured surface, roll each ball into a 12 inch circle.
Photo From: AllRecipes.com
- Place a drinking glass face down in the center of the circle to avoid cutting too far into the center.
- Then cut the dough with a knife, from the edge to the rim of the glass, into quarters. Then cut each quarter into 5 narrow strips. (The center of the dough, where the glass sits, will remain uncut.)
- Remove the drinking glass, and now you should have 20 strips surrounding the uncut center of the dough.
- Pick up 2 adjacent strips and twist them together about 4 times, pinching them at the ends. Gently coil the twist and place into the middle of the circle, where the drinking glass was.
- Continue creating twists and coiling them into circles, placing them around the center one to form a flower shape. The finished bread will have 9 coils (petals) surrounding the center one.
- Repeat steps 11-15 with the other 12 inch circle of dough.
- Grease a baking sheet and place the shaped breads onto the baking sheet. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and place in a warm spot to rise until almost doubled, 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat the egg yolk with water in a small bowl and brush the mixture over both the breads.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the breads have turned golden brown, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Use your fingers to gently deepen the indentations in the center of each petal. Fill each with about 1/2 to 1 tsp of raspberry jam.
- Mix the lemon juice and confectioners' sugar in a bowl to form a glaze, and drizzle the glaze in thin lines over both breads.
- Allow the glaze to set before pulling the petals apart and serving.
Bacon Cheddar Deviled EggsSource: TasteofHome.com
|Photo From: TasteofHome.com|
- 12 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Honey Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Bacon Strips, cooked and crumbled
- Slice the eggs in half length-wise.
- Remove the yolks and set the whites aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the yolks and stir in the other ingredients.
- Stuff the mixture into the egg whites.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Orange Baked HamSource: FoodNetwork.com
|Photo From: FoodNetwork.com|
- A 14-16 lb Spiral-Cut Smoked Ham on the Bone, fully cooked
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 8 1/2 ounces Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Orange, zested
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice, freshly squeezed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the ham in a heavy roasting pan.
- Mince the garlic in a food processor. Add the other ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the ham and bake for 1 hour, until the ham is fully heated and the glaze is well browned.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Happy Easter from Summerset Inn Resort! We are the best waterfront resort at the Lake of the Ozarks, perfect for all your vacationing needs. Whether you're with a small group or a large one, we have a variety of different accommodations. Give us a call at 573-348-5073 to book your reservations today!
Summerset Inn Resort & Villas
1165 Jeffries Road Osage Beach, MO 65065
Keep up with local news, events and resort information by following us!!