|Photo From: MidwestLiving.com|
Valentine's Day Chocolate Trail MixRecipe From: Midwest Living
- 1 cup Granola
- 1 cup Salted Pretzel Sticks, coarsley crushed
- 1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup Cocoa-Covered Almonds
- 1 cup Dried Cherries
- 1/2 cup Freeze-dried Raspberries
- Line two baking sheets with waxed paper and set aside.
- Place the pretzels in a small bowl and the granola in a separate small bowl.
- In a glass measuring cup, place 2/3 of the cup of the chocolate pieces. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate and continue to cook on high for 20-30 seconds at a time, stirring regularly, until the chocolate in melted and smooth.
- Pour half of the melted chocolate over the granola and the other half over the pretzels. Stir each bowl until evenly coated.
- Turn the contents of each bowl over onto the baking sheets. Let stand at room temperature 1 to 2 hours or until set.
- Break or chop the chocolate-coated granola and pretzels into bite size pieces.
- Transfer the pieces to a large bowl and add the dried cranberries, almonds and dried cherries. Stir in the raspberries just before serving.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Sweetheart CookiesRecipe From: 77 Easy Recipes
|Photo From: 77EasyRecipes.com|
- Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips Valentine Sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, baking powder, vegetable oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix using an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined.
- Mix in the milk chocolate chips.
- Drop one inch balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before sprinkling the valentine sprinkles on top.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
Chocolate TrufflesRecipe From: Betty Crocker
|Photo From: BettyCrocker.com|
- 6 oz Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 1/4 cup Whipping (heavy) Cream
- 1 Tbsp Shortening
- 1 cup Semi-sweet or Milk chocolate Baking Chips
- Finely chopped nuts or candy decorations (optional)
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Melt baking chocolate in a 2-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in butter until melted. Then stir in the whipping cream.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 10 to 15 minutes, just until thick enough to hold a shape.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheet. Shape into balls and then freeze for 30 minutes.
- Heat shortening and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Dip the balls, one at a time, into the chocolate.
- Place back on the cookie sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle with finely chopped nuts or decorating candies.
- Refrigerate the truffles about 10 minutes or until coating is set.
|Photo From: SarahHearts.com|
Red Velvet PopcornRecipe From: Sarah Hearts
- 2 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tbs Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 bag Popcorn, popped
- 4 Red Velvet Cupcakes, unfrosted
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, corn syrup, powdered sugar and vanilla. Use a hand mixer to combine into a creamy glaze.
- Fold the bag of popcorn into the cream cheese glaze.
- Crumble the red velvet cupcakes into the mixing bowl and use a spatula to gently fold the cake crumbs into the popcorn mixture.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper, parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Allow the mixture to harden, about 10 minutes.
Happy Valentine's Day from your favorite waterfront resort at the Lake of the Ozarks! With Valentine's Day here, spring is just around the corner. Summerset Inn Resort will be open for the season before you know it!
Summerset Inn Resort & Villas
1165 Jeffries Road Osage Beach, MO 65065
Keep up with local news, events and product information by following us!!