Halloween Peanut Butter Spider CookiesSource: www.freep.com
|Photo Credit: www.freep.com|
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c sugar, for rolling
- 48 mini Reese's cups, unwrapped and frozen
- 96 candy eyes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, vanilla and milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until blended. Form into 1 in. balls.
- Roll in sugar and place a couple of inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and immediately, gently press an upside down frozen peanut butter cup on top of each cookie. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Attach the candy eyes while chocolate cup is still slightly soft. If they don't attach, use a little bit of melted chocolate or peanut butter as a glue to hold them on.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes so the cookies firm up.
- Place chocolate chips in the corner of a zip-lock bag. Microwave for 20 seconds, knead and repeat until chocolate is melted. Clip a very small piece off the corner of the bag to allow for piping, and draw 8 legs on each spider cookie. Return to the refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow legs to set.
Halloween Eye of Newt
|Photo Credit: www.allrecipes.com|
- 12 eggs
- 1 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1 Tbsp mayo
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 Tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 (6 oz) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 drop red food coloring
- Hard boil the eggs. Rinse under cold water and let cool completely. Peel and slice the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks from the eggs and place them in a bowl. Mix in the relish, mayo, celery salt, mustard and food coloring.
- Spoon this mixture into the egg whites and place them on a serving tray. Round the top of the filling using a spoon.
- Place an olive slice on each yolk to create the center of the eye. Dab a tiny bit of mayo in the center of the olive as a finishing touch.
- Using a toothpick dipped in red food coloring, draw on lines to make the eyes look bloodshot.
Graveyard Pudding Cups
|Photo Credit: www.sixsistersstuff.com|
- 1 pkg. dark chocolate instant pudding, prepared
- 1 pkg. chocolate instant pudding, prepared
- 1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip
- 30 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- gummy worms
- Mint Milano Cookies, or other oval shaped cookies
- Black frosting pen for writing
- Candy corn pumpkins
- Prepare pudding according to directions on the box.
- In small, clear cups, layer the puddings and cool whip. Place a gummy worm or two in between layers.
- Top the cup off with some crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Using the frosting pen, write "RIP" on each oval cookie. Then place one in each cup of pudding.
- Add a candy corn pumpkin for garnish.
Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Bell Peppers
|Photo Credit: www.allrecipes.com|
- 6 orange bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c chili sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Lightly mix together the ground beef, egg, bread cubes, onion, tomato, garlic, chili sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Wash the peppers and cut a jack-o-lantern face in each one with a sharp paring knife, making triangle eyes and nose, and a pointy teeth smile.
- Slice off the tops of the peppers and scoop out the seeds and cores.
- Stuff the peppers lightly with the beef stuffing, and place them into the prepared baking dish so they lean against each other.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender and the stuffing is cooked through and juicy, about 1 hour.
Happy Halloween from Summerset Inn Resort! We hope you enjoy these delicious recipes this holiday weekend. If you have other awesome Halloween recipes, share them with us in the comments! While our resort is closed for the season, it's never too early to start thinking about next year's vacation at the best waterfront resort at the Lake of the Ozarks. Get your 2017 reservations booked early!
Summerset Inn Resort & Villas
1165 Jeffries Road Osage Beach, MO 65065
Keep up with local news, events and product information by following us!!